It is during weeks like these that we are thankful for quick-to-make meals that require few ingredients. Jasmine, creative crafter and editor of the award-winning Scissors Paper Stone blog, shares with us a simple pasta dish that can be whipped up in a matter of minutes. Frozen prawns to the rescue!
:: Life in a city can get very busy. So during these busy periods, I find that pasta tends to be my fall back.
Simple enough to whip up on a work night or a hectic weekend. The warmth and comfort of a home-cooked meal definitely helps us get through another day.
I find that this recipe is perfect when I just haven't had time to head to the supermarket. I tend to keep a bag of frozen prawns in my freezer just in case and I always have some pasta in the cupboard.
Most of the time, I tend to serve up this simple dish with piping hot edamame or steamed broccoli although I think it would be equally delicious with a fresh green salad.
On this particular night, we also happened to have a little sakura in the fridge so we added it as garnishing. The recipe is perfectly fine without the sakura and I hope that you will try it.
Creamy Angel Hair Pasta with Prawns
1 packet of Angel Hair Pasta
20 - 30 Frozen Prawns
500ml cooking cream or whipping cream
2 tbsp chopped garlic
Salt & pepper
- In a frying pan, saute the garlic in the oil until it browns.
- Wash the prawns under running water and then add them to the pan. Season with a dash of salt and pepper and sprinkle the dried basil and thyme over the prawns.
- Stir-fry the prawns until they turn pink. Then add the cooking cream to the pan. Stir well and turn off the heat. Season with a little salt and peper to taste.
- Put a pot of water on the boil. Once the water boils, add salt and then slip the angel hair pasta into the pot. Remove once it is cooked and drain the water away.
- Then add the angel hair to the pan and mix it together.
- Serve warm, garnished with parmesan cheese or sakura (optional) ::