This is one of our favourites. Bubbles loves to eat this, and I love to make it. It is just too easy to throw together.
I love it that we get it all - greens, proteins, and carbs. A no-fuss meal ideal for busy big and little people. You can also substitute pasta with rice - white or brown - something we do pretty often too.
Minced Meat & Spinach Pasta
(Adjust quantities to own needs and taste!)
Your preferred short pasta
Minced meat (I usually use pork)
Fresh mushrooms (chopped to size your kid will eat)
Spinach (roughly torn or chopped)
Minced garlic (we like to use lots)
Light soya sauce
Homemade stock (optional)
- Season meat with a little corn flour and light soya sauce.
- Cook pasta, drain and set aside.
- Fry garlic in a little oil.
- Add meat, mushrooms and spinach (in that order, tossing each new addition a few times before adding the next).
- If you have some stock on hand, spoon in some for extra flavour.
- Turn off heat.
- Throw in cooked pasta and mix.
- Serve hot. (Or pop it in an insulated food jar for later!)